- This is a full time role with a permanent contract.
- The salary is competitive.
- You will be based in Brighton, with some time spent in our London office.
Who are we?
InCrowd is a data led fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about. We use technology to capture real-time fan consumption data and have enterprise scale third party data integrations enabling our clients to gain a deeper understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. This approach allows our partners to drive business intelligence and to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, via InCrowd’s content and messaging tools. InCrowd’s fan facing technology products include over 25 official mobile apps, and we also provide software that powers LED and Big Screens in over 70 stadiums around the world.
We work with multiple globally recognised sports organisations and clubs including…
- Formula 1
- ECB / ICC / IPL
- UEFA / 14 Premier League & Championship football clubs
- The Rugby Football League / Premiership Rugby / PRO14
- World Snooker
We have seen rapid growth in our short history and now have a team of nearly 70 across London and Brighton as well as individuals in Australia and Hong Kong. This role will be a challenge but it is a rare opportunity to be part of a fast growing start up business offering great progression, opportunity and personal growth.
The Junior Systems Administrator / Dev Ops will be supporting the systems that are used by our Backend & Data teams including newer technologies like Kubernetes and Dremio.
Who are you?
Recent Computer Science Graduate or relevant experience in the area of systems administration and IT support.
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Maintaining and Administering systems on AWS and locally
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring the security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Ensure IT policies and documentation are all up to date
- Managing user accounts and access levels
- Assisting developers in implementing processes and procedures for deploying code to Development, Staging and Production environments
We need you to be:
- Accurate with a distinct attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and team spirit
- Solid time management and prioritisation ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at analytical thinking and problem solving
- A good background knowledge of sport would be very welcome but is not essential
- Keen to learn!
It would help if you have experience with:
- Experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role (DevOps etc)
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud hosting platforms
- Experience in database installation, configuration and management. Note: we are not looking for people who have specific database administrator experience, though it will obviously be beneficial if you do have those skills. Currently, we have a mixture of relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL and Redshift. We also run a MongoDB sharded cluster and Redis for caching
- Some experience in containerisation with Docker / Kubernetes would be beneﬁcial
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- Company benefits
- Pensions contributions
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- Support for additional training and education
- Social events
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV, your salary expectations and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; a letter, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.