- This is a full-time role with a permanent contract.
- The salary is competitive.
- You will be based in Brighton, with some time spent in our London office.
Who are you?
We are looking for a full-time Data Engineer to join our growing Business Intelligence team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in generating rich insight for some of the world’s leading sports organisations. The successful candidate will work within a friendly multidisciplinary team that’s looking for help with analysing both our client’s and our internally generated data.
Who are we?
InCrowd is a fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about.
Using technology and data, we help our clients gain a deeper understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. This approach allows our partners to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, vastly enhancing the fan experience whilst achieving commercial objectives.
We work with multiple globally recognised sports organisations and clubs including…
- Formula 1
- 14 Premier League / Championship football clubs
- Indian Premier League
- The Rugby Football League
- Premiership Rugby
We have seen rapid growth in our short history and now have a team of 45 across London and Brighton. This role will be a challenge but it is a rare opportunity to be part of a fast-growing start up business offering great progression, opportunity and personal growth.
Who are you?
You will be an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who will be looking for a new challenge and is hopefully interested in the world of sport.
We need you to be:
- Senior data engineer with at least 5 years relevant experience
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst remaining focused, often working on several projects simultaneously
- Able to lead, guide and oversee more junior Data Engineers in the team
We’d like you to have experience in:
- SQL and relational databases e.g. Postgres, MySQL and Amazon Redshift
- Programming in Python and Java
- Data modelling
- Customer Profiling
- Google Analytics
- Data pipelines and ETL
- Version control e.g. GIT
- Visualisation tools i.e. Tableau/Qlikview/PowerBI
- Analytics tools i.e. Snowplow/GA/Adobe Analytics Cloud
- Data Warehouses in S3, Redshift or similar
- Design, build and management of a Data Warehouse
- Data compliance and auditing
It would help if you could have experience with:
- Apache Spark
- Data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – especially S3 & Kinesis
- Non-relational databases e.g. MongoDB
- Microservices architecture
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Leading and supporting the build and maintenance of InCrowd’s data architecture, data pipelines and warehouses
- Working with a wide variety of data sources and types
- Integrating third party APIs to ingest revenue, engagement and customer data
- Modelling data for audience profiling, propensities and predictive analysis
- Working with the development team to design tracking points across the various InCrowd apps
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- Company benefits
- Pensions contributions
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- Support for additional training and education
- Social events
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV, your salary expectations and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; a letter, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.