Your information is very important to us and we look after your information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We’ve set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Please do read this policy so you know what we are doing with your information.
Which company does this policy cover?
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to InCrowd Sports Limited.
InCrowd Sports Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 9366216) with registered office at 4th Floor, Bedser Stand, Kia Oval, Kennington, London, SE11 5SS. We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA046865. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
What services does this policy cover?
Our services may include (without limitation) software applications on mobile devices which are wholly controlled by us, or third party software applications which use our software as libraries (the “Services”). This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
What information do you collect?
What information we collect about you depends which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, telephone number, payment details and service details (if applicable);
- information about your use of our Services including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you viewed on our Services, how long you stayed and on which services, and your navigation around the Services;
- location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality on your device (e.g. GPS). We may use this so that we can “geo-block” or regionalise our Services to ensure that the Services operate correctly and provide information to event organisers about their attendees;
- other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services – for example when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire;
- other data to ensure and check compliance with the end user license agreement (this document) and/or otherwise as required by law.
When and how do you collect information?
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- when you register for Services. including (without limitation) when buying or subscribing for content from us or when you otherwise update your details;
- when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw, or you vote in one of our polls;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or newsletters;
- in monitoring your use of the Services including (without limitation) communications sent by you via the Services;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point;
- from third party suppliers who have confirmed to us that they are authorised to pass your information to us in accordance with your legal rights.
Cookies and similar devices
In addition, in common with many other online services, we and our authorised third parties may use “cookies” and/or other tools to store and sometimes track information about you.
How will you use my information?
- Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience. This may include personalising the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you and/or your activity on the Services;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- contact you with service messages;
- administer the prize if you are a prize winner, and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners; and/or
What are the privacy implications of the TribeHive Connect network?
The HiveCore network is InCrowd’s technology that provides a connectivity boost within crowded venues such as football matches. Updates to content available within the app shared by all are delivered from phone to phone within the venue. When your personal content, such as your personal Twitter timeline or your Tweets, goes over the HiveCore network, it is encrypted using state of the art technology (AES 256), using a shared secret held only on your phone and our secure portal server. You can be sure that no one can read your data in transit. Our apps do not read any other personal data on your phone, except where you have given permission.
Will I be sent marketing messages?
We will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receive marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of similar products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications from a third party, you will need to contact the applicable third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
Do you share my information?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- to third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- to third parties who have engaged us to administer services on their behalf, such as stadium owners, football clubs and the Football League. When we are acting in such capacity, we will show who is the third party. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services.
- where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications (see section on “Marketing Communications” above);
- as part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- if there are changes to our business (see section below on “Changes to our business”).
We may also display targeted advertisements based on the personal information that we or our clients hold. We do not provide your personal information to advertisers but advertisers and ad serving companies may assume that you meet the targeting criteria for that ad, for example men aged 18-30.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of such services.
Service providers based outside Europe
We use certain third party companies to perform some functions of the Services on our behalf (for example sending e-mails to you or analysing data that is collected from the Services) or to provide services to us. These third parties are only allowed access to your information needed to perform such functions or to provide such services. They are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information to one of our group companies so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganisation or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, then your information may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner and may be provided to the entities and advisors involved. Such a transaction may involve us: (i) retaining the right to continue to use transferred personal information in addition to the right of the new owner to use such information; and (ii) engaging in additional transfers of personal information (including new personal information) with the new owner from time to time following such a transaction.
Are my details safe?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
How can I change my details?
Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see “Contact Us” section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
InCrowd – Prize Competition Terms and Conditions
- Users of the App may choose to participate in various competitions on our social gaming platform, InCrowd (the “InCrowd competitions”). The InCrowd competitions will consist of polls, predictions, quizzes and other games, the rules of which will be notified to you at the time of entry. The InCrowd competitions will either: (a) award points for participation in individual InCrowd competitions and/or across all InCrowd competitions; or (b) require entrants to correctly predict the outcome of certain events in relation to a match or series of matches. The winner of each InCrowd competition will be: in the case of (a), the entrant who accumulates the most points in that particular InCrowd competition or series of InCrowd competitions; and in the case of (b), the entrant who correctly predicts the outcome of all of the relevant events.
- By participating in a InCrowd competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The promoter of the InCrowd competitions is InCrowd Sports Limited. InCrowd Sports Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 9366216) with registered office at 4th Floor, Bedser Stand, Kia Oval, Kennington, London, SE11 5SS.
Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity in any manner.
How to enter
- The starting date and closing date of each InCrowd competition will be notified to you during the relevant entry process.
- All InCrowd competition entries must be received by InCrowd by no later than the closing date for the relevant InCrowd competition. All InCrowd competition entries received after the closing date are automatically disqualified.
- The InCrowd competitions will be open to users through the App. No purchase is necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the App.
- InCrowd will not accept responsibility for InCrowd competition entries that are lost, altered or damaged, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The InCrowd competitions are open to all users except:
- employees of InCrowd or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of any third party who supplies a prize (whether directly or indirectly) for a InCrowd competition;
- employees of agents or suppliers of InCrowd or their holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the InCrowd competitions or their administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of the persons described above.
- In entering a InCrowd competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. InCrowd may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the InCrowd competitions.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental consent to enter and claim your prize. InCrowd may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- InCrowd will not accept InCrowd competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk; or
- There is a limit of one entry per InCrowd competition for each App user.
- The prize(s) available to be won for each InCrowd competition will be notified to you during the entry process for the relevant InCrowd competition.
• Prizes are subject to availability. Other than as set out below, there is no cash alternative for prizes and they are not negotiable or transferable.
• The prizes for the InCrowd competitions are supplied by third parties. InCrowd reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond InCrowd’s control make it necessary to do so.
• If more than one entrant wins a InCrowd competition, the relevant prize or its equivalent cash value (at our discretion) will be split between the winners.
• You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all licences, permits and permissions necessary for you to be able to use the relevant prize once it is provided to you.
- The winner of each InCrowd competition will be announced on the App and our website as soon as reasonably practicable following the closing date of the relevant InCrowd competition.
- The decision of InCrowd is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- InCrowd will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the closing date of the relevant InCrowd competition, using the contact details provided when the user downloaded the App.
- InCrowd will send the name and country of the winner to anyone who writes within one month after the closing date of the relevant InCrowd competition requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to InCrowd’s registered office.
Claiming the prize
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of the prize.
- InCrowd will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner of each InCrowd competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 30 days of the date on which the winner is announced, InCrowd reserves the right (but is not obligated) to offer the prize to the runner-up of that InCrowd competition.
- InCrowd does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
Limitation and exclusions of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, InCrowd, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or any entrant, or accept any liability, for any loss, damage, costs, expenses, personal injury or death occurring as a result of: (i) taking up the prize; (ii) any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prizes, promotions or relevant fixtures beyond InCrowd’s reasonable control; (iii) any act or default of any third party supplier; (iv) any technical failures or unavailability of the App or other related platforms; or (v) any obvious errors or omissions relating to the awarding of prizes, except where it is caused by the negligence of InCrowd, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of entries and intellectual property rights
All InCrowd competition entries submitted to InCrowd will become the property of InCrowd on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to:
- assign to InCrowd all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights, in and to your InCrowd competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of a InCrowd competition, you agree that InCrowd may use your name, image, town, region/state or country of residence to announce the winner of that InCrowd competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by InCrowd.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, InCrowd may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in any InCrowd competition.
- InCrowd reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend a InCrowd competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.